When we moved into our home and office out by Maple Falls, Wa we thought we were moving into a turn-key place. It looked impeccable. What we found was some issues affecting our health that took us down an interesting road. Now we have some answers for others who may be having similar issues.
We started getting alerted to something terribly wrong with the place when we began having health issues; congestion, headaches, dry mouth, rashes and feeling drugged. The miracle was our little boy dropped a penny down a vent and told us.
When we took of the vent to retrieve it, to our horror we found those toxic air purifiers; you know the ones with chemicals; formaldehyde, benzene, petroleum distillates. As we looked throughout the house we found them in every vent; some vents even had two of them. There was evidence of spillage of some of them as well.
Another miracle, we found Wes Diskins at Barron’s in Bellingham. Wes was amazing in his abilities to walk into a room and start to diagnose the issue. He could literally sense and smell what was going on. We worked with Wes and the Barron’s team over the weeks replacing air vents, heating systems; putting in air exchangers and filters as well as dehumidifying the basement and getting more air flow under the house. They cleaned out dead rodents, mold between improperly installed water vapor barriers and sealed up the house creating what is called a positive air pressure; more air pumped in than allowed to leave the house. The effect is like puffing out the house so that the crawl space air cannot return to the house.
All of this started us down the road to getting back in our house. We were literally sleeping outside in our tent in 30 degree weather. That’s how bad the air was in our house. Now the air was breathable again. Wes even had his team install a vent so that we could sample the air from a few feet from our house. We live in the forest so clean fresh forest air was great to have in our home.
We’ve now been in the process of removing the carpets, finishing the floors and further sealing up areas in the house. It’s been a process. We couldn’t have done it without Wes and Barron’s in Bellingham.
If anyone would like more info on how we did it let me know. I’d be happy to let you know. It’s been part of our process and now we feel we can help others with information we’ve gained from this experience.